Ways to say “boring”
Learning synonyms can improve your communication and writing a great deal. Most people rely on the words they know to express themselves but considering there are over a million words in English, there definitely must be a better option to describe what you want to say. The best way to boost your vocabulary and writing is to learn synonyms. Today, we will be learning 10 different ways to say “boring”. Here is the list:
Meaning: If someone or something is described as “dull”, then they are boring and uninteresting.
- The film was so dull, I almost fell asleep.
- The Petersons are alright, but they’re a bit dull.
Meaning: Commonly used to describe jobs and tasks, tedious is boring, repetitive and goes on for a long time.
- Rewriting emails for hours must be a very tedious job.
- It was the longest and the most tedious speech I’ve ever heard.
Meaning: Monotonous is something dull and repetitive, always the same.
- It was one of those monotonous rainy days.
- Life on the farm was slow and monotonous.
Meaning: having no interesting or special qualities.
- The book I’m reading is monotonous and uninteresting.
- The way she was presenting the subject was rather uninteresting.
Meaning: lack of excitement; boring, banal.
- Everyday life on the island was boring and humdrum.
- A trip to Rome was a great way to escape from my everyday humdrum.
Meaning: something full of boring things happening again and again.For example:
- I don’t like this song. It’s too simple and repetitious.
- Sara didn’t mind doing dull, repetitious chores.
Meaning: not interesting or attractive, without much taste (food).
- The meal is so bland and insipid.
- I find this book a bit shallow and insipid.
Meaning: so dull that it makes you unhappy.
- I hate my dreary and boring job!
- This apartment looks so dreary. Let’s open the curtains and let some light in.
Meaning: so boring that it makes you feel irritated and impatient.
- Listening to your complaints is immensely tiresome.
- I can’t wait in the queue. It’s so tiresome.
Meaning: something that is so boring and uninspiring that you can’t think about it.
- The speaker was reading with mind-numbing monotony.
- People should see through the mind-numbing trivia of tabloids.
If you really want to learn English but don’t know how to do it and where to start, don’t hesitate to contact us. Book an online English lesson with one of our certified and experienced English teachers and take a test and consultation. Choose the most suitable app: Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, Viber or Facebook Messenger. You should certainly join us for 30-minute conversation sessions. We are organizing lessons at a 30% discount. Check it out!
Drop us a line on WhatsApp