There are numerous words and phrases we can use to express our interest in something. Here are 8 ways to say “interesting” in your speech and writing.
If we say that someone’s smile is engaging, it means that it is pleasant and charming.
- Tom was the most engaging storyteller I’ve ever met.
- Jane was a smart and engaging woman.
Fascinating means attractive, enchanting and very interesting.
- The leading actress was fascinating.
- In my free time, I love to read stories about fascinating people and events.
Appealing is another word for attractive and interesting.
- The idea of moving to Canada was appealing.
- The job in the advert seemed appealing to Mary.
if something is captivating, then it is extremely interesting. It means that it occupies a lot of our attention.
- The beauty of the tourist sight was so captivating.
- When she came into the room, Lisa’s smile was absolutely captivating.
- Peter was reading a captivating story to the children so they couldn’t take their eyes off him.
When something is sensational, it is outstanding, shocking and exciting.
- The play we watched last night was sensational.
- Although we’d never heard of him before, the tennis player was absolutely sensational.
As its name says, it is something that provokes your thoughts and makes you think.
- The Truman Show is such a thought-provoking movie.
- We had a conversation that was so very interesting and thought-provoking.
And here is a similar expression:
is something that arouses great interest and curiosity.
- Our new colleague has an intriguing personality, don’t you agree? She’s so mysterious.
- Whether Atlantis existed or not has always been an intriguing question.
Impressive is something we admire because it is special.
- When we were in Paris, we had an impressive view of the city from our hotel room window.
- You must agree that Elon Musk is an impressive person.
If you really want to learn English but don’t know how to do it and where to start, don’t hesitate to contact us. Book an online English lesson with one of our certified and experienced English teachers and take a test and consultation. Choose the most suitable app: Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, Viber or Facebook Messenger. You should certainly join us for 30-minute conversation sessions. We are organizing lessons at a 30% discount. Check it out!
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to drop us a line on WhatsApp