24 Adjectives to Describe a LEADER
Hi English learners. Welcome to a new lesson. We are going to look at 24 adjectives to describe a leader.
Here is the list:
Meaning: a leader who is able to change his/her behaviour and ideas in order to adapt to a new situation.
- Larry is a highly adaptable team leader who is always trying to find new ways to solve any problematic situation.
Adjectives to Describe a LEADER
Meaning: friendly, easy to talk to.
- Being an approachable leader enables you to get answers to any questions easily because your teammates will be more likely to open up to you.
Meaning: a leader who expresses his or her opinions confidently.
- Michael is an assertive leader who expresses his thoughts and ideas openly and with confidence.
Meaning: a leader who has qualities and the ability to do his tasks successfully. Remember that the collocation is capable of (not capable to)
- What a capable man our boss is. He has the quality and knowledge to accomplish his tasks and is very well-motivated.
Meaning: having good communication skills, willing to listen to others and give information.
- Everybody finds Mark very communicative; he is informative and pleasant.
Meaning: a leader who is certain in his or her skills and abilities, sure that things are happening the way they expect them to.
- Peter is quite confident that he’s going to win the election.
Meaning: á leader who is using imagination to think of new ideas.
- Elon Musk is a creative leader and one of the most innovative dreamers of our time.
Meaning: a decisive leader can decide about things quickly and with confidence.
- Monica is a decisive leader who makes up her mind quickly and never gets stressed.
Meaning: a dedicated leader dedicates a lot of effort to the things he believes are important.
- Paulin is a dedicated team leader. She invests a lot of time and energy into planning and performing her tasks.
Adjectives to Describe a LEADER
Meaning: a leader who pays a lot of attention to details.
- Lucy is an analytical, responsible and detail-oriented leader who is fully capable of catching any mistakes which could grow into bigger problems.
Meaning: a leader who performs his/her work in an organized and efficient way without much waste of time, energy, etc.
- We need an efficient leader for this project who is well-organized, punctual and committed.
Meaning: an empathetic leader is able to see how other people feel.
- Nigel is always ready to listen to his workmates and understand how they feel because he is empathetic.
Meaning: a leader who pays attention to his/her work with a clear goal in mind.
- While we were working on that project, Jenifer tried to reduce stress or any tension in her private life and be focused on her work.
Meaning: a leader who uses new ideas in his work.
- Brian is a creative and innovative leader who is always trying to introduce new methods in his work.
Meaning: good at noticing things.
- Every leader needs to be observant which means taking in his surrounding in order to see each and every member of his team’s potential.
Meaning: a leader who never gives up and continues doing something even when facing a difficult challenge.
- Andy’s persistence in sticking to that project enabled the company to sign that long-term contract.
Meaning: a leader who is good at making people believe something.
- The customers always buy our product from Gary because he’s so persuasive.
Meaning: a leader who is more focused on a real situation and experience than imaginary.
- We need a practical leader who is capable of carrying out concrete actions based on his knowledge and experience.
Meaning: a leader you can trust and rely on because he/she proved to be trustworthy.
- If you are punctual, hard-working and reliable, I’m sure you’ll become a team leader eventually.
Meaning: a leader who is able to get back to normal after having problems or difficulties.
- Mike is an energetic and resilient leader – he is able to work under pressure and move forward despite the difficulties he faces.
If you really want to learn English, book an online English lesson with one of our certified and experienced English teachers We are going to make sure that you have a good run for the money you are investing in your linguistic education. Waste no time and take a trial test for only 1 euro.
Meaning: a leader who is knowledgable and skilled at finding new ways of doing things.
- Samantha is a resourceful and adaptable manager who practices thinking outside the box.
Meaning: a leader who doesn’t need outside influence or pressure.
- Marcus is a good example of a self-motivated manager. He’s always optimistic with his long-term goal in mind.
Meaning: a leader who gives encouragement and support to his team members.
- This task requires a supportive team leader who will be approachable and show concern for the team at any time.
Meaning: a leader who is capable of doing his/her work completely, paying attention to all details.
- It may take him time to finish his work but that’s because he’s extremely careful and thorough.