Adjectives to Describe a Pet
Hello English learners. Welcome to a new lesson. We will look at the 19 most frequently used adjectives to describe a pet.
Here is the list:
The English teachers at My Lingua Academy are happy to help you improve your English. You can attend our individual and group private lessons to learn English for free with our blog posts where you will find loads of grammar and vocabulary lessons, as well as exercises and quizzes.
An adorable pet is so attractive that people cannot help but fall in love with it.
- There were some adorable dogs in the dog shelter and we adopted one.
A charming pet is attractive and pleasing.
- Our pet cat was small gentle and altogether charming.
A cuddly pet makes you want to cuddle them.
- Your turtle is the cuddliest animal I’ve ever seen.
We say that an animal is cute especially when it is young and small.
- What a cute little kitty you are!
A docile animal is calm, friendly and easy to control.
- Peter’s horse is quite big but gentle and docile.
An animal or a pet which is tamed and accustomed to living with people for food or as a pet is a domestic animal.
- Some domestic animals such as pigs make great pets.
Something exotic is usually rare and coming from distant countries.
- If you are fond of exotic pets, they have some really beautiful colourful parrots in our pet shop.
Feline animals come from a cat family but you can use the adjective to describe someone or something that moves gracefully like a cat.
- We taught our house feline to give a high five. (feline as a noun)
Fluffy animals have soft and fine fur.
- On top of the box was sitting a cute fluffy hamster.
A good-natured pet is friendly and benevolent.
- Although quite big, Rex was a friendly, good-natured dog.
A feathered pet has feathers, so it must be a bird.
- The park was full of feathered residents such as parrots, flamingos and peacocks.
Many animals can be quite intelligent. We all know some smart cats or dogs or dolphins, etc.
- Bob is the most intelligent cat I’ve ever seen.
Many animals have furs and some of them have long or short hair.
- When we were little, we had a beautiful long-haired collie.
- Siamese cats are very popular short-haired pets.
A pet that refuses to be obedient and do what they are told to do is called naughty.
- My friend has a pet monkey which is a lot of fun but can be very naughty sometimes.
Obedient pets always do what their owners tell them to do.
- Dogs usually make obedient pets.
Ornamental animals are usually beautiful and are kept for decoration rather than company.
- The hotel’s swimming pool was full of ornamental fish.
A photogenic animal has an appearance that looks attractive in photographs.
- Look how nice our rabbits look like. He is so photogenic.
A playful pet likes to play.
- Tom’s hamster was very playful even when it got old.
A shy pet is antisocial and introverted.
- John’s Guinea pig is cute but shy.
A snub nose is short and it turns up at the end.
- Brian has a sweet snub-nosed monkey named Cesar.
If you really want to learn English but don’t know how to do it and where to start, don’t hesitate to contact us. Book an online English lesson with one of our certified and experienced English teachers and take a test and consultation for only 1 euro!