It’s a holiday season. Whether you’re spending your holiday in a fancy hotel or just want to take your girl-friend to a restaurant for a meal, here are some restaurant collocations to help you out:
- Could we see the menu/drinks menu, please?
- Could we have a bottle of sparkling/still mineral water, please?
- The bread is stale. Could we have some fresh, please?
- May I take your order?
- What are you going to order for your first/main course?
- The chocolate cake looks too heavy. Could we have a light dessert?
- I would like a second helping of this delicious dish.
- I’m not hungry. We could grab a bite to eat and go to the swimming pool.
- We’ll have a bottle of house wine, please.
- We’ll have a bottle of red/white dry/sweet wine.
- It’s good that we made a reservation earlier. The restaurant is fully booked.
- Do you have a table free for four people?
- Are there any vegetarian dishes on the menu?
- I ordered my steak well-done but they served it rare/medium.
- Shall I ask for the bill?/ Could I have the bill, please?
Enjoy your meal!
If you really want to learn English but don’t know how to do it and where to start, don’t hesitate to contact us. Book an online English lesson with one of our certified and experienced English teachers and take a test and consultation. Choose the most suitable app: Skype, Zoom, WhatsApp, Viber or Facebook Messenger. You should certainly join us for 30-minute conversation sessions. We are organizing lessons at a 30% discount. Check it out!
In case you have any questions regarding English or Skype private lessons, don’t hesitate to drop us a line on WhatsApp because we’d be happy to hear from you. 🙂